WHO WE HELP
Our current focus is helping families and children dealing with the many stresses related to illness and poverty.
LEARN ABOUT WHO YOU ARE HELPING!
Thanks to your generous support, in 2016 we helped over 100 families! Here are some examples of ways that your dollars have positively impacted families.
- We provided over $5000 worth of gas and grocery cards to help over 80 families.
- We paid for several car repairs so that siblings could visit their brother or sister in the hospital.
- We bought a walker for a young adult cancer patient to help with her mobility issues, and to help give her more independence.
- We paid many PG&E and cell phone bills for families of four making less than $15,000 a year.
- We paid rent for several families at risk at being evicted due to illness and poverty.
- We granted dream wishes to ill children giving them a reason to celebrate.
- We gave a tablet to a teen at the end of his life allowing him to stay connected to his loved ones.
- We bought a HEPA air filter for an immunocompromised patient going home after a stem cell transplant.
- We provided low resourced families with holiday gifts.
- We contributed to funeral expenses.
In 2017, we will continue to give to hospitalized families. With your help, we will also expand our reach to include more children and families in the community, including foster care youth, at-risk youth, and families affected by poverty.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping ease the financial burden for families and children affected by illness and poverty.